Working with Modbus on AB Micro850

Does anyone have any Idea Why i cannot just connect my External application Modbus to a AB Micro850 and just send and receive Values. i do have Modbus tags Mapped in the AB M850

What software instructions have you programmed to initiate comms. with your external device.
A few more details on configuration and the external device(s) may be helpful.

What software instructions have you programmed to initiate comms. with your external device.
A few more details on configuration and the external device(s) may be helpful.
There are a Bunch of Software i use to test my Modbus communications, one of them is a command line application in both Linux and windows called modpoll 3.10 - FieldTalk(tm) Modbus(R) Master Simulator, another one is windows and that is Generic Modbus Tester, by "Schneider Electric" and or VB.NET / C++ / C# Various Software we Have Developed for testing Various ModbusTCP and Modbus RTU scenarios, now Almost all of these Solutions work well with 4 different makes of PLC's including Automation Direct Productivity 2000 along with Click-Plus Without Problems. then we get to the AB-Micro850 and hit a wall , do we actually have to put Modbus Instructions into the Controller to make this happen.? i could maybe see that PLC to PLC but not PC to PLC