WTA : Web-based Application to Read Write PLC Tag with OPC UA

Hi guys,

I'm an IT programmer and new in industrial automation. I would like to your guidance or clarify whether my understanding is correct or not.

Our company have temperature control system that use GE's PLC, i.e. PACSystem RX3i and CIMPLICITY 10 as HMI/SCADA. I noticed that on CIMPLICITY 10 have OPC UA Server and OPC UA Client features enabled. With these features enabled, I plan to revamp one of our tank gauge application (Windows-based application) as web-based application with PLC control features. With OPC UA Server enabled on SCADA, I think it is possible for our upcoming web-based application (.NET Core) to communicate with SCADA (read/write PLC tag). The only I think that we need is an OPC connector or library for web-based application.

Please enlighten me.

Attachments

Hi guys,

I'm an IT programmer and new in industrial automation. I would like to your guidance or clarify whether my understanding is correct or not.

Our company have temperature control system that use GE's PLC, i.e. PACSystem RX3i and CIMPLICITY 10 as HMI/SCADA. I noticed that on CIMPLICITY 10 have OPC UA Server and OPC UA Client features enabled. With these features enabled, I plan to revamp one of our tank gauge application (Windows-based application) as web-based application with PLC control features. With OPC UA Server enabled on SCADA, I think it is possible for our upcoming web-based application (.NET Core) to communicate with SCADA (read/write PLC tag). The only I think that we need is an OPC connector or library for web-based application.

Please enlighten me.
Hi

Please have a read on this article it can enlight you !
https://www.arcweb.com/blog/ge-impl...pc-ua-standard-launch-global-discovery-server

Here I attached a interesting document, on How to Configure the CIMPLICITY OPC UA Client GE HMI/SCADA - CIMPLICITY

Do not hesitate to share your feedback!

Controls Guy25.

Attachments

Hi guys,

Please enlighten me.
Hi,
https://github.com/frangoteam/FUXA