XBTL1000 database import

B

Balazs

Hello!
I would like to use a Magelis XBT-E with MODBUS protocol linked to a Modicon PLC. Is it possible to import the symbolic names of the registers used in Concept to the XBTL1000?

F

Fernando Capelari - Schneider Electric B

Dear friend,

The answer is NO.

If it was a graphic model (XBT-F), you could do what you want. Go to the "Configuration" menu, then choose "Equipment Symbols". Click at the "Advanced" button and you will see the "Add variables file" button.

Remember that for the XBT-E model there isn't the "Advanced" button at the "Equipment Symbols" option.

Simple answer is yes. You simply export the symbol file from concept using , or ; delimited format and then import using the magelis software. Note that only located concept variables can be used in the magelis software.

Yes...you can export the variables from Concept text delimited note the delimiter is a semi colon ;. In the XBTL1000 database under equipment symbols, using the advanced feature, you can add the file but will need to cahnge the delimiter to semi colon. The one thing that you must remember is the variables must be located in the Concept database.

It's very easy to import. Go to Modicon's website and visit the Magelis Operator Terminal section, there is a FAQ on how to do it.

Yes...you can export the variables from Concept text delimited note the delimiter is a semi colon ;. In the XBTL1000 database under equipment symbols, using the advanced feature, you can add the file but will need to change the delimiter to semi colon. The one thing that you must remember is the variables must be located in the Concept database.

I have a Powerpoint presentation that I got from Modicon tech support that details how to export your Concept symbols and then attach them in XBT-L1000.

Basically, you must be using XBT-L1000 v3.4 or better. In Concept, g to the File pulldown menu, pick Export. Then pick Variables, text-delimited. Use the default delimiter of a semicolon ;. This will save your variables to a text file. Then, in XBT-L1000, go to the Configuration menu, select Equipment Symbols. In the popup window, select the PLC device, then click the Advanced button at the bottom. Next to Variable File, click Add to attach the text file to this PLC. Make sure you change the delimiter on the input file to a ;, the default here is a comma. Point it at the saved export file from Concept. Then it will import your variable list. This is not a dynamic link, if you add or remove variables in Concept, you will need to export and import again. But once this is done, you can assign by symbol as you design your screens, and that's much easier than remembering the addresses of everything.

CK

Thanks for all of your answers. Of course, I read the FAQ before asking, but I didn't find anything useful. Now I have tried to create a "dummy" project with XBT-F, and I found there the "Advanced" button. But it's not present in the project with XBT-E. So it seems, that I'll must type the addresses manually. The basic problem is, that this is my first project with Magelis, I have worked only with Siemens and Allen-Bradley OPs before. Thanks again!

Balazs