Cimplicity vs. Access DB

C

Chris Tripp

Please bear with me as I'm new to pretty much everything I currently have my hands in. I have a Data Acquisition system set up to compare actual ppm to a quoted ppm. This will in turn drive a light tree giving management a visiual aid in running assembly lines. I have the project set up with an SQL statement to read from the DB and the DB logger to write. When I run my project, I receive the following error:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'E:\xxxxx.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view the data."

I have admin rights on both pc's and the domain. No other users have rights to the DB. I'm not sure what I'm missing. If I run the SQL statement alone, it reacts normal but in Cimplicity, I receive the previous message. If anyone is familiar with this problem, please respond to my email.

Thank you

> "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'E:\xxxxx.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view the data." <

You could get this message for a number of reasons, here are a few.

1. The Cimplicity PE or HMI software is not registered. (There is no network support when in demo mode.)
2. It is a 50 point runtime, 75pt or above supports networking.
3. The Jet support files are too old or not installed properly.

Try to establish a database on the local drive, if this works it is a network problem, if it does not it is probably an ODBC problem.

Good Luck and please let us know what you found so that we can all learn along with you.

Thanks for the info. I was in demo mode as we were working the bugs out before we registered this version. Today, prior to my reading this reply, we decided to set the db up on the local machine and have eliminated these problems. Again thank you and I look forward to visiting this site frequently.

Madtripper

www.deadspacesociety.com