Eberle PLS514

• Thread starter Orvil Lugo/ Carlos Gonzalez
  • Start date
O

Orvil Lugo/ Carlos Gonzalez

I am trying to upload a ladder from a Eberle PLS514 PLC to a computer using a EDOPS2 software, and a interace cable (Eberle DL7.6). The problem is that a a cannot get online with the PLC. When I try to initialize the comunication process, an Comunication Error messgage appears on screen. This PLC is used as the controller of a Klockner CP-10 blister machine. It has a DB25 serial port connector to interface it. My interface cable has a DB9 serial port connector so a use a DB9 to DB25 serial port adapter aditional to my interface cable. I want to know if there is anyone who has experience working with this Eberle PLS514 PLC and can help me with some hints to get online and upload the ladder of this PLC. Any help would be very appreciated,
Regards
Carlos Gonzalez
Orvil Lugo

A

Achim Kirking

First of all, you have to work in the Dos mode of your PC. I think it works under win-95 or under win-98, but in both cases you have to restart your PC in dos mode.The second thing you have to know is: The tool you have to use to interact with the PLC may be:

a.)edops
b.)edops2 (a newer form of edops)
or c.)edops2-plus

i think you need edops2-plus when there is a +.prj
block in the program. Also in my case it was a good idea to tell the sys-manager in windows to switch of the com-1 "in every case" ... may be i could help you: Achim

How can I get the programming software for EBERLE PLS514 (LP)???

Rgds,
[email protected]

On January 30, 2003, Achim Kirking wrote:
> First of all, you have to work in the Dos mode of your PC. I think it works under win-95 or under win-98, but in both cases you have to restart your PC in dos mode.The second thing you have to know is: The tool you have to use to interact with the PLC may be:

a.)edops
b.)edops2 (a newer form of edops)
or c.)edops2-plus

i think you need edops2-plus when there is a +.prj
block in the program. Also in my case it was a good idea to tell the sys-manager in windows to switch of the com-1 "in every case" ... may be i could help you <

V

volkmar bernhart

hi there,

you will need a special cable to connect to the plc. the software is also protected either with a dongle key that needs to be purchased. there are software versions that are password protected. in order to transfer files or go online you need to enter the user code first before you do anything than you can pick your project and then except and go on.

if you should require any futher assistance please feel free to contact me.

best regards,
volkmar bernhart

Hi,

Can anyone help me with going online with Eberle PLS 514? I have all the necessary equipment (o43 online card, cable, edops2) but I still have issues going online from Edops.

Kind regards,
Marko