S7-400 comunication with VisualBasic

J

Jose J. Quintana

Hello,
Somebody know how can I access to the information of a Siemens S7-400 PLC with a program developed with Visual Basic?

> Hello,
> Somebody know how can I access to the information of a Siemens S7-400 PLC with a program developed with Visual Basic?

Hi. Basically there are a couple of options to do so. If you use a mpi/L2 connection to your PC you can use Siemens Standard Tools to communicate with your S7. They also provide librarys for VB.
If you use an external device like the INAT echolink (www.inat.de) , you cann hook up a S7 CPU to a existing PC Network ( TP ) and can access the Memory using Dynamic Data Exchange in your VB Programs.

Hope i could help you.
Mark

If you could get the OPC Server for S7-400 from Siemens then you can directly access using OPC standard protocols. It is slower than normal HMI connections. But the advantage you can have one VB program and chnage the servers to connect to different PLCs

Prem

Hello:
There is a communication devices named LANCE-S and LANCE-E with a free ActiveX control that can help you in order to communicate with S7 series using high level languages. You can read more about this in www.lancelan.com

hello,
u can get a Simatic net cd which comes with OPC server. Use only a 3COM card for communication. U will also get sample programs for communication with VB.