analog input position servo

D

David wang

i want to find an angle servo system that had the below request: +/-10V position(angle) input signal, motor output angle +/-180 degree, the
positon loop and current loop are all analog control, <5ms response time.

but it seems that all the servo drivers are the digital control and the position input signal must be a digital signal, can anyone help me? tell me where can i buy the driver and motor?

Thanks at advance,
David
[email protected]

The vendors are trying to tell you to go digital! Don't doom your work to obsolesence by using disappearing parts.
Either get a digital encoder or learn how to use an ADC (< $5 from most semiconductor
manufacturers).

David, there are many digital drives out there with an analog input. Not too many dumb digital drives offer analog position control. You will probably need an intelligent positioning drive and bring in a analog input and a program will move it to the desired position.

Look at:
Emerson CT, www.emersonct.com
Baldor, www.baldor.com
Compumotor, www.compumotor.com
GE Fanuc (Whedco), www.gefanuc.com
Pac-Sci & API Controls (Danaher), www.pacsci.com & www.apicontrols.com
...and there are many more.

Cameron Anderson
Aerotech, Inc
www.aerotech.com

"Dedicated to the Science of Motion"

Hi,
Do one thing contact your nearest omron dealer
they have motion control modules and they will suggest also how to convert as per your requirement I hope it is possible my idea is take mutiturn potential meter for finding the angle and if you need current loop put one I/E converter .I hope it is possible i am using motion control in my plant.
Regards,
Elango

D
Thanks for you reply, yes, i can not find more product except this http://www.camtech.com/data_sheets/671XX.PDF but it is expensive and not match well.

Just like you said, i can use a ADC to convert the analog to digital and use MCU to calculate out the velocity and position and PWM signal with the return number from the rotate encoder.

It is a good idea, another, should any product like above exist and being sold? the most short way is buy one.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
David
[email protected]

B
> i want to find an angle servo system that had the below
> request: +/-10V
> position(angle) input signal, motor output angle +/-180
> degree

Check out the Kollmorgen Servostar drives at
http://www.motionvillage.com They have a built in position loop with an analog setpoint mode.

> positon loop and current loop are all analog control,
> <5ms response
> time.

The Servostar drives are digital, but you will find that they have very high performance. The current loop is closed in 62 microseconds and the velocity loop bandwidth is listed as 400 HZ. Their position loop is extremely stiff as well.

Bill Sturm

Yes the Bayside i-drive has some analog position control functions...but when I was selling it and used it, some of the features were not all there (should of mentioned it anyways I guess). Bayside is also new to the drive/controls world. On the systems I applied it, there was much info needed to get it set up, once that was obtained, it was very easy to use.

It is also suppose to have indexing functionality, not sure if that is all released yet. Very compact powerful drive, and very cost effective.

Cameron Anderson
Aerotech, Inc - www.aerotech.com
"Dedicated to the Science of Motion"

Yes, thanks your professional advice,i had confirmed with Bayside, the analog input position control function is still in preparation! but the price is attracted, about $800 only.

best regards,
David