about designing Inductive Loop Detector circuit

B

Budi

I would like to ask some help from anyone here,
is there someone here who know how to design inductive loop sensor circuit,
because i really need it for my project. this project is a hobby project, I am designing a metal detector, but I am stuck when I have to design inductive loop circuit. I have already design a simple inductive circuit, but I think I am not quite sure about it, because I am afraid there is still a noize in that circuit.

W

William Hinton Sr. Electrical Engineer @

In the design of your circuit be advised that the current in the pickup coil/antenna will increase when non-ferrous metal is present and reduce when ferrous metal is present. Using this fact you may be able to determine what the object is you have found. This is like a big proximity switch in function, you may get ideas from switch manufacturers like http://www.squared.com as they were the first we found with a standard range proximity switch to detect ferrous only or non-ferrous only.

S
I understand you have developed Inductive loop detector for your project work. I have been assigned similar project. I will appreciate if you could kindly send me some literature on the subject or a copy of your project if you still have it.

Thanking You.
Shamim

F
[email protected]
Director Vincennes Unviversity NIB&I
Robotics dept.

An inductive detection system is used in a nuclear magnetic resonance detector for detecting single hydrogen atoms.

It consists of a parallel resonant tank circuit type oscillator. This is then tuned to critically oscillate. Which means that you need to tune the circuit until it just oscillates. When a metal object comes near it the inductance changes and the tank circuit changes its oscillating frequency and drops out of oscillation. thus detecting the metal.