PLCs and vending

M

matt want

I am in alaska and where I live many people haul water in 300-450 gallon tanks. I am building a water station and need to combine a bill/coin reader with a PLC then have that control a water valve with a feedback meter to count how many gallons come out. It seems to be a pretty easy system, I just dont know how to hook it all together and make it work.

Matt.

[email protected]

If you have PLC and instrumentation backround you should be able to tackle this, if not it could be very hard and overwhelming. If you want to keep it quick and cheap you could tie the output (??) of the money machine to a timer which controls the water pump. You will have to find the GPM for the pump then set the timer to a control how much water is pumped for the $$$. Again this is not the most accurate but will limit some of the up front hardware costs.

My .02cents
Mike

Do you have both parts??? I mean, do you have the coin machine and the PLC to use with it?? If so, let me know abotu it and I will help you.

Sorry about my english, i'm from Argentina, but i'm very experimented in automation and programming of interfaces.

Hope you answer.
Bye.

K

Krishnan Veerendran

Hello!
Get a flow sensor which can give 4-20 ma output to reflect the flow rate. Totalize it in the PLC. Once the totalized value reaches the set value close the output(digital output).

Regards,
Krishnan Veerendran

P
Hi Matt,

I'm an independent programmer of plc's and user interfaces. Depending on how precise the water volume needs to be counted, there are different options you have. Please provide some more details about how this system has to work, components you already have, and some infos on the environmental conditions. I can suggest, or if you want me to even quote you a solution that fits your needs.
Regards,
Peter Klotz
peter.klotz(AT)apt-techniques.com