Control Logix messaging for PowerFlex 70 using devicenet

T

Tiger

Hello everyone, i m working with a powerflex 70 drive using devicenet and right now what i need to do is to get and set some parameters from the drive. in the users manual there is a logic example about how i can do this using messages, i have been trying to follow this example without any result, it seems the communicaction path i m chooseing (in this case the devicenet module)is not the right one, if anyone of you have made this kind of logic before i would like your help and expertise to solve this problem thank you very much.

Tiger

You'll have to post the specific entries that you've made to each part of the MSG instruction configuration, as well as any error codes that the MSG instruction has returned, in order for anyone to determine precisely what's going on.

The "Path" string is fairly straightforward for DeviceNet messaging on the ControlLogix using the 1756-DNB module.

Because the 1756-DNB is already in your I/O configuration, you can "browse" from the controller to the DNB module. After that, you need to enter ", 2, X" where the 2 represents the front port of the 1756-DNB module, and X is the node number of the PowerFlex 70 drive with the 20-COMM-D DeviceNet interface.

There is a lot of information about this kind of application on A-B's Drives bulletin board:

http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/UBB/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

ok the entries i m using for each MSG part are:
READ
service code: e
object type: f
object id: 101
object attribute: 1

WRITE
service code: 10
object type: f
object id: 101
object attribute: 1

the communication path is DNET, 2, 1
the message error is:
error code 16#0013
error text configuration data size too short

if anyone have any solution to stablish communicaction and read parameters from the powerflex 70 drive using MSG instruction on control logix plc, please let me know.

thanks.
Tiger