EDS file viewer

J

Javier Barreiro

Hi all,
Anyone knows if there is a EDS file viewer and checker for free (EDS electronic data sheet, devicenet).
We have an EDS file from AB SMC Soft starter and we need to know some parameters in the EDS file
Thanks in advance
Javier

I saw your reference to devicenet. If your using RS Networx for DeviceNet, it should have a viewer. I use RS Networx for Controlnet and was able to view, modify or create.

EDS files are simple ASCII text files; they can be viewed with Windows Notepad any other text editor. I happen to use UltraEdit32 on my computer. If you change an EDS, remember to save it as simple text; Rich Text format screws them up.

There is a "free" EDS validator built into RSNetworx for DeviceNet (even the demo version) if you're looking to check for file validity. I use an EDS checker from ODVA and one from SST, but both of those cost money.

There are a number of DeviceNet/SCANport experts on a single-purpose discussion board:

http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/UBB/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Do not know of a checker but EDS files are normally only text files. Notepad is normally good enough for viewing/changing them. I would check with the manufacturer before changing them.

J

Joe Jansen/TECH/HQ/KEMET/US

Please _READ_ the original post!

The poster specifically asked for an Electronic Data Sheet as in devicenet file viewer. The link provided is for some other file format completely!

To the original poster: EDS files are flat ascii. You can open it in Notepad and look at it just fine

--Joe Jansen