v4 Cimplicity project doesn't work after reinstalling computer

F

Frank Deprest

Hello Cimplicity veterans,
A v6 Cimplicity project, upgraded from v4 doesn't function anymore when we had to reinstall the computer (before it worked great). Especially the alarms don't work anymore, communication with the controller is no problem. The weirdest thing is that it works well on a other computer with Windows 2000 SP2. What do we have to do? We get continuous messageboxes like 'connection refused with AMRP, TRAM' (tram is our project name).

Our local support office (Belgium) refuses to give support, they have withdrawed their support because we have selled not enough licenses...: silly, isn't it? Anyone experience with this kind of practices?

Greetings,

Frank.

S

Steve Bailey

I'd start by uninstalling and then reinstalling Cimplicity. AMRP is Alarm Manager Resident Process. Check Cimplicity's log file to see if there are any other failures.

I would try a complete uninstall of Cimplicity. Then reinstall again. The complete uninstall requires deleteing several registry entries relating to Cimplicity. Go to the GE Fanuc website for an app note on the complete install process.

http://elitenet.geindustrial.com/te...00000000793300,K=5772,ST=2,Case=obj(50335347)

It appears as if your install is somehow corrupt and the Alarm Manager Resident Process (AMRP) is not functioning properly.

After reinstalling you might also apply the latest service patch

W

Walters Curt L Contr AEDC/SVT

If you have a copy of your project available under v4, you might try exporting (using CLIE utility) the points from it and importing back into the v6 project (using CLIE again). I have also heard that Cimplicity does not always do well under major upgrades. You might try upgrading the v4 to v5 and then from v5 to v6.

As a side note- GE should support the upgrades you have made.

Good luck,
Curt

There shouldn't be any issues upgrading from a 4.0 project to a 6.0 project (barring the fact that Series 90 Redundancy is broken - use triplex in it's place). The one thing that you should watch out for is that if you are seeing the AMRP errors is usually the fact that you have the Computer name and the Project name the same. You cannot have this as of version 5.0+. This will confuse the Alarm Manager Resident Process and it will always generate errors. The only way to get around it is to either rename your project (File->Copy to Project) or rename your computer (msde will generate an error if you do this and require a reinstall).

That's my best guess as to the cause of the problem. If you see a problem with a particular Protocol other than S90 Redundancy I would be interested.

Hi,

I've got the same problem. The PCname and Project name are not the same so can you tell me what the solution here is?

D