.o15 extention

O

oussamaaiadi

Hi everyone !

Could anybody tell me what application generate the file which extention is .o15 ?

Thanks in advance !

Hello,

The program that creates the file with extension .015 is COMTEXT (by Siemens)

This is the "older" msdos program for programming the Simatic text based HMI's.

Regards,

Steve

M

Michael Griffin

The application software is Siemens Comtext, and the file is a program for a first generation Siemens OP15 (not the later model which used Protool). The file extension indicates the model of OP. ".o15" is for the OP15, ".o05" (or perhaps ".o5") is for the OP5, and ".o20" is for the OP20, etc.

There were two different and incompatible generations of OP15 and OP5. The first generation products used Comtext, while the second generation products used Protool. The second generation OP15 and OP5 were transitional products between the original Siemens OP product line and the current line. The two generations of OPs look physically identical, so you could have some of each without realising it. As far as I am aware, there is no way to import a complete Comtext program into Protool. Protool is not a replacement for Comtext. If you have an older generation OP15, you need Comtext.

Comtext is an obsolete software package, although there is still lots of hardware in service which requires it. This is a CP/M program which uses a DOS emulator to run under DOS or Windows 95/98. Contact your Siemens rep if you need a copy.

--

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

Siemens used to have a program called "KONVERT" that would allow/help you to convert Comtext configurations into Protool configurations.

As far as I remember it was free but not sure if it is still available. Ask you local Siemens agent.

Regards,

Steve

M

Michael Griffin

On January 19, 2003 07:34 pm, Steve wrote: <clip>
> Siemens used to have a program called "KONVERT" that would allow/help
> you to convert Comtext configurations into Protool configurations.
>
> As far as I remember it was free but not sure if it is still available.
> Ask you local Siemens agent.
<clip>

Konvert "helps" in that it will put part of your OP program (just the alarm and event messages if I recall) into a format which you can import into Protool. It doesn't do much else. On the occasions in which I and several others have tried to use it, the time we spent fiddling with it was not repaid in the time we would have saved in simply re-typing the messages it would convert.

I downloaded "Konvert" from somewhere Siemens' web site. Siemens does not support it or even claim that it works correctly.

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Sensors & Calibration 36