Communications with TSX37 PLC

S

Santi Pérez

I need to make an application in which I must communicate through a port series with a TSX37 type PLC. Could somebody say where I can find information to me on the protocol to use and if I need some type additional hardware?
Thanks.

Atentament

Santi Pérez <mailto:[email protected]>
Mòbil: 625 542 916

Triservice, S.L.
Avda.Meridiana 483-489
08016 Barcelona
Telèfon: 932 764 360
Fax: 933 545 888
www.triservice.es

Hi! .. I'm student and i try to do the same thing as you. I found a little SDK with the PL7pro distribution. In fact, this SDK permit you to communicate with a PLC like TSX(s). His functionment is quite simple. It opens an instance of PL7pro, and then you can apply some functions. The inconvenient is that there are some limitations. Another way is to develop an application wich "speak" the Unitel-Way protocol. You can find documentation about Unitel-Way at : http;//www.modicon.com .. :)
Have fun.

R

Rafael N. Jacomino

If you can "map" the values/variables/bits you need from the TSX-37 in %M bits and %MW words, then can simplify your interface by making the TERR port on the 37 into a ModBus Slave devide (done through PL7 programming software). Then you can use a myriad of ready-made communications tools (OPC, ActiveX, DDE.......). I've tried it for a MS-VisualBasic HMI and if you have the programming cable (RS232 to RS485) converter included) it works great from any PC. Good luck.