Siemens S5 "STL" Instuction

M

MPH

Can anyone tell me what the "STL" instruction is in Step5? I have a program that has the following in several places.

:STL

The instruction is always used with no operand. I can not find any documentation on this anywhere.

Thanks.

This instruction tells the PG that the segment should be represented in StaTement List, and not in LADder or Control System Flowchart. The segment may contain instructions that can only be displayed in statement list. The PG will not try to display as LAD or CSF and not give a message "This segmant can not be displayed as LAD"

Hope this helps,
Meeuwis Bouw
Flamco NL

The command :STL changes the "graphical" display from LAD (Ladder) or CSF (Control System Flowchart) into STL (Statement List)when using the Siemens S5 PLC Programming software.

Hope this answers your question?

Regards

Steve

C

Corne, Chris

Hello,

This statement forces the representation on the programmer of the program code into statement list mode (instead of LAD or CSF). There may be code that is "best represented" in Statement List in your program, and the programmer did not want you to have to manually switch to that viewing mode.

Chris

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Hi All

It forces the segment to be displayed in statement list as it cannot be represented otherwise.

DP

Can anyone tell me what the "STL" instruction is in Step5? I have a program that has the following in several places.

:STL

The instruction is always used with no operand. I can not find any documentation on this anywhere.

D

DeFreitas, Nelson

Statement List (STL)

STL is a representation of step 5 programming language that uses mnemonic statements instead of graphic symbols to create control programs. STL programs are more compact, occupy less memory storage space and execute faster.

example STL AN F 0.0 = Q 64.0 *** LAD f0.0 q64.0
------|\|----------()

Check out Siemens web site.

R
When programming an S7 PLC, you have a choice of the "language" in which you want to program, i.e. Statement List (STL), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Ladder (LAD) or Structured Control Language (SCL). Some of the instructions in STL is not available in FBD or LAD. So, if the programmer writes his program in FBD, and he wants to use a instruction that is only available in STL, then he will start off his network with
:STL, which means that this specific network will allways be displayed in STL Language, even if you toggle between FBD or LAD.