Trouble with Parker Digiplan BLX150B servo drive

W

W Blandon

I have a Bosch SVB3601L packaging machine with a Parker Digiplan BLX150B servo driver. After a normal shutdown of production the machine does not recognize the driver. I discover that the battery was over. I replace the battery but the driver shows fault. The most possible is that the program was lost because the battery fault. I have the driver configuration software (X150) in DOS but I haven’t the application program. I have an identical machine in the factory running OK. I want to know if can I upload the program of the driver on the machine that is running OK and download it to the faulty driver and also I need to know which is the communication port for programming. The driver has several.

Thanks

M

Michael Griffin

I have not looked up the details on the particular model you have, but generally you can upload the program from a BLX drive. The program consists of a series of short "sequences" which would need to be uploaded separately. You also need to upload the drive configuration.

However, there isn't a simple "upload program" button which saves everything for you. I believe you can download the manuals for the BLX series from Parker's web site. I suggest that you look over these manuals before going any further.

--

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

M

Magnus Willatts

Hi,

I would suggest that your prognosis about the battery is correct. However, the fault light after battery replacement makes less sense if the unit is good. Anyway, to download / upload etc get xware from the following address http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=8169&#XW5
You need to unpack it or something i can't remember but it isn't as obvious as a download and run i don't think.

Also get the guide from the following address http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=8099&
The connector you need should run from a computer com port 11 pin to the GND, RX, TX connectors on the BLX. The guide tells you waht to do from a 25 pin connector, but you might need to experiment to get it from an 11 pin.

Once connected, enter terminal emulation mode on xware to talk to the BLX. You can upload with command 1XU or something - see the BLX user guide.

When you get stuck phone Tim Harris of Parker emd on 0800 27275374

Magnus Willatts

Hi, W Blandon (and everybody else who is reading this).

I know that it's been 14 years from your post and there is little chance that you will be able to help me, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I have an old Bosch SVB2501A packaging machine that I plan to restore to a working condition. Electrics are working, except of Parker servo drive for cross seal jaws. It seems to be the same problem (dead battery, no parameters).

Is there any chance that you still have the parameters that you backed up from the working drive?

I will eventually change the whole control system, but I would like to make it work as it was, before I make any changes to electrics. Many mechanical parts are missing, so I first need to sort that out...

Best regards,
Bojan

>I have a Bosch SVB3601L packaging machine with a Parker
>Digiplan BLX150B servo driver. After a normal shutdown of
>production the machine does not recognize the driver. I
>discover that the battery was over. I replace the battery
>but the driver shows fault. The most possible is that the
>program was lost because the battery fault. I have the
>driver configuration software (X150) in DOS but I havenÂ’t
>the application program. I have an identical machine in the
>factory running OK. I want to know if can I upload the
>program of the driver on the machine that is running OK and