OP 17 Communication Problem !

F

Fred Larsonneur

I tried in many way to communicate.
I use a PC with an USB/ serial converter ( Prolific driver), which is working well with an MPI adapter on S7-300.
The OP is in transfert mode, but when i try to transfert data i have the same thing all the time : E 4027 : Synchronisation faulty.
My COM 1 Port configuration is 19200 Bds,8 bits, parity none, stop bit 1 and flow control none.
I tried in different speed transmission.
When downloading, a brief message appear on the OP 003 Protocol error.
Thanks in advance if anybody had a such experience, to share it.

G

Gabriele Corrieri

Hi Fred,

some friends have same problem as you (with different USB/Serial converter) and they have solved using flow control and this more complete com cable

PC-------------OP7/17
2-RX-----------TX---4
3-TX-----------RX---3
5-GND----------GND-12
7-RTS----------CTS--5
8-CTS----------RTS-10

Try and remember to send me your suggestion.

My friend have also tried some time, with different PCs and OSs to use USB/SERIAL adapter with PC or TS adapter for Simatic, with no result, could you send me, also thru my e-mail more references on converter that you've get to do?

Best Regards.

Gabriele Corrieri
mailto:[email protected]

Hi Fred,

For downloading your OP17 application from PC to OP17 you can connect your PC serially (without MPI adapter) to the OP17.

Good luck

Hi together,

I know pretty well, Siemens do not use the com interface as everyone else - that causes some problems with using USB/COM converters (e.g. Prolific!!!).

One solution is the USB PC Adapter from Systeme Helmholz (http://www.helmholz.de) with an own USB driver.

Hope that helps,

Best regards,
Konni ([email protected])