wonderware InTouch 7.1 installation error

G

gintaras

When i am trying to install wonderware InTouch 7.1 i receive an error message "Common Components install failed-InTouch install exiting".. Please help me to resolve this problem.Thanks
[email protected]

D

Donald Pittendrigh

You should uninstall InTouch and any traces of IO drivers shown in the control panel. And then delete the wonderware or factory link directories and any other directories associated with InTouch. Please be careful that you do not delete your licence file unless you have it backed up, and note that the project directory is by default installed in the application directories, you may need to back this up first. After this a re-install should be successful.

Cheers
Donald P

E

Engelbert Rodríguez

Please read the installation documentation, I supose you´re not using the right Windows version or service pack for that Intouch version. I think Intouch 7.1 does not run on Win 2000 or XP.

Regards,

Engelbert Rodríguez
Barcelona
Spain

D

Donald Pittendrigh

This is not the problem, InTouch prompts that the opsys level is untested and urges you to do a check with your supplier it however does not terminate the installation and also Intouch 7 does run on Win2k and XP, in the early
days there was a patch required to do this, the later disks were complete with patch.

Cheers
Donald P

C

Corne, Chris

Refer to Wonderware Tech note 179, manually uninstalling InTouch 7.0/7.1. This may correct the issue. Also, with the documentation I have, InTouch 7.1 is compatible with Windows 2000 professional, just check their compatibility matrix for InTouch patches and Windows Service Pack
requirements. If you are trying to install in WindowsXp, InTouch 7.1 is not supported. I believe you will have to get into InTouch7.11 patch 6 at a minimum.

Chris

Hi,
please give me website address or any information regarding Wonderware InTouch i need this information. Currently i have various information about SCADA and HMI. So please Help me

Thanks
[email protected]