Communication between Intouch and DDE Server

C

Corrado

Hello, I have an Intouch app running on a Windows 2000 Server + Insql Server 8.0 + Intouch 8.0. My application reads (and storage into InSQL) values from 40 Profibus DP Slave devices (Socomec Diris Ap) using 2 Applicom Cards (PCI 1500 PFB). Intouch communicate with these cards using an Applicom DDE-Suitelink Server "PCDDEIO.EXE" (configurate Access Names to use Suitelink) My app is running well but sometimes, every 2 or 3 days, communication between DDE Server and Intouch stops; I can see values changing on the Applicom Console (I'm sure the boards are running well) but the same values don't change in Intouch. If I reboot averything starts well again but after others 2 or 3 days.... In the logger I read

"/Info - Suitelink Stream communication failure receiving from ENERGY-SERVER InSQLData: Connection for PCDDEIO from 127.0.0.1 went away, app closed connection ? (WSAECONNRESET) ( 10054)"

Does anybody know what could be the problem ? Thanks

Have you tried using just DDE?

Make sure you don't have any 'fail to advise' tags in your logger. These should be cleaned up if you do.

Call your WW distributor for support. WW is known for giving good support through their distributors. They should be able to walk through things with you to see what can fix it.

Good Luck.

G

Gabriel Villarroel

Had a similar problem using OPC LINK, eventually I found out that OPC LINK delayed the info on the Viewer and crowed the results, this was due to the fact that Itools 5.0 version had a demo version of the OPC Server.

If you still need help, email me.

[email protected]