Omron Syswin

O

Omron Newbie

We recently installed a machine with an Omron PLC. We purchased the CX programmer v4 software. We have a bunch of older Omron PLCs that were programmed in SysWin 3.4. When I tried to convert these programs using the file conversion utility, the program crashes. I contacted Omron but never received a reply. Can anyone help?

D
If you will send me copies of the program files, I will see what I can do to help. I have over 20 years experience with the Omron family of PLCs so I might have a trick or two that will help.

Thank you,

David Adams
Application Engineer
CONTROL PRODUCTS
[email protected]
334-567-2017 office
334-567-8614 fax
334-303-9499 cell

The easiest solution is simply from CX-Programmer menu to select
File / Open

Then in 'open CX-Programmer project' window go to the bottom - 'files of type'.

Then select 'Syswin *.swp'.

You will then be able to read your Syswin files in directly. I have opened many projects using this method.

One other trick - CX-P uses more advanced program compilation techniques. A option with CX-P is
Tools / options / general / compile (do not normalise rungs) this then does not recompile the Syswin compilation to CX-P compilation so that you will then be able to connect online to the PLC with CX-P and not get any verification errors.

I have an OMRON PLC programmed in CX Programmer. The PLC is CQM1H-CPU51. I have at my own SYSWin 3.4 but not CX Programmer. Can I do the upload of the PLC program with SYSWIN 3.4?

N

Nguyen Thanh Canh

Yes, you can because of SYSWIN3.4 supports CQM1H-CPU51.
If the software supports PLC type, you can connect/upload/download... regardless it was programmed by what software before.