FBD CG Error for 2 FIFO in Quantum and Concept 2.2

T

Tabrez

Hello Everybody,

I am using Quantum 434 12 with Concept 2.2, getting error whenever trying to use two FIFO instructions. The error is...

FBD CG Service on PLC failed!
ERROR ID: OLI-21705

IN MESSAGE WINDOWS..

PLC:program Data area too small(-877)

and i got this reply:
"I assume you are talking about the Modicon Quantum PLC? If so, I think you are running out of space in the program memory area. Ask your question here for a better chance of an answer: modicon.control.com/

I suspect that you have accidently created one or more "custom" FDB's (function data blocks) that are soaking up your memory in endless infinite loops."

My question in detail was:
"Thanks Mr.Lancie for your reply .....yes you assumed the correct it is Modicon Quantum 434 12 Concept 2.2...
As you said memory problem, but it seems not becouse if i use a big logic addition to the same program, it works fine with out any error, except with two numbers of FIFO instructions, it gives the same error as i mentioned you.
This problem is only if i use concept 2.2, with concept 2.6 no problem at all, but the problem is i can't use concept 2.6 here as they have got other PLC programes in concept 2.2 with the concept2.2 license..and other similar issues...!
One more thing can you just explore me what is FDB i did not find it in concept where it is located what is its fuction...."

awaiting your reply....

Hello

The Program Data Area is part of the IEC Usable Memory. Please increase this area, you are able to do it in menu Online->Memory Statistics. The 'Used Program Data' memory should be about 80% of 'Configured Program Data' memory.

Hope this helps.