WinCC error opening a project

• Thread starter Engelbert Rodríguez
  • Start date
E

Engelbert Rodríguez

When I try to open a project in WinCC V6.0 SP2 it shows the messeage "HResult Error: 0x8004610a". This station was working well until I stopeed the runtime and try to open another project. If I try to open the old project the message is different: "0x80046127".

Thanks in advance,

Engelbert Rodríguez

E

Engelbert Rodríguez

I looked at the siemens website before, and I tried the possible solutions that they showed there without any success. Then I found that the error arise when the it personel pf the plant changed the user rights of the station.

I think that If products like WinCC were well documented neither me nor anybody would have to post questions like this, it´s very frustrating that you buy a product that suddenly gives errors and crashes and you have code errors that are not documented. What's the purpose? Consult Siemens support for every non-documented problem that you have with their products?

Thank you for your help.

Engelbert

Englebert:
I guess the WinCC database of the project has been damaged. I got the same error message, after copying a wincc project on a cd and then back to a harddisk. Reason: due to copying to the cd, the database file was write protected. after removing write protection, the project copuld be opened again.

Try:
a) reboot your pc and then reopen the project
b) close project and copy the defaul runtime db from the wincc system directory into your project directory and rename it to the name of the project runtime db.

E

Engelbert Rodríguez

Hello Cristopher, thank you for your response.

After trying many things I found that the it personnel of the plant changed the user rights of the WinCC Computer, and after putting the rights like before the system works again and the error is gone. As I mentioned in a previuos
post, for me is very frustrating (and disgusting!) that these kinds of things are not documented in a product like this and you have to be a "wizard" to fix the problems.

Regards,

Engelbert