S7300 Connection Resources

G

Geoff Nute

<p>I am trying to connect a WinCC 6.0 project with an
S7300 CPU 316-2DP PLC. We are using an external ethernet module. We can ping the module from the PC but we cannot get the project to read anything from the PLC. There is an error '4116' in the "SIMATIC_S7_PROTOCOL_SUITE_01.LOG" file. This error suggests a rack/slot address error or a resource problem with the PLC. We are sure the rack/slot address is correct so we are looking at the resources. In the 'properties' of the S7300 under 'Communication' it has this:
<pre>
Connection Resouces Reseved for

PG Communication 3
OP Communication 3
S7 Standard Communication 6
s7 Communication 0 (already configured)

Maximum Number of Connection Resources: 12
</pre>
<p>There are 3 HMIs, 2 PCs (configured as PGs) and the WinCC project. It would seem we have enough resources but maybe not of the right kind. My question is, Which type of port does the WinCC communicate on? The Other PCs are configured as 'PG' using a third party driver and clearly the third PG port is needed for STEP 7 programming so if the WinCC is trying to use one of these ports it will fail. Also, if the HMIs are using the OP ports then these will not be available for WinCC. There does not appear to be any way to configure WinCC to communicate on any particular type of port.Can anyone help?

I have the same problem. Does anyone have the solution? If yes please inform me :)

>I am trying to connect a WinCC 6.0 project with an S7300 CPU 316-2DP PLC. We are using an external ethernet module. We can ping the module from the PC but we cannot get the project to read anything from the PLC. There is an error '4116' in the SIMATIC_S7_PROTOCOL_SUITE_01.LOG" file. This error suggests a rack/slot address error or a resource problem with the PLC. We are sure the rack/slot address is correct so we are looking at the resources. In the 'properties' of the S7300 under 'Communication' it has this:<pre>
Connection Resouces Reseved for

PG Communication 3
OP Communication 3
S7 Standard Communication 6
s7 Communication 0 (already configured)

Maximum Number of Connection Resources: 12</pre>
There are 3 HMIs, 2 PCs (configured as PGs) and the WinCC project. It would seem we have enough resources but maybe not of the right kind. My question is, Which type of port does the WinCC communicate on? The Other PCs are configured as 'PG' using a third party driver and clearly the third PG port is needed for STEP 7 programming so if the WinCC is trying to use one of these ports it will fail. Also, if the HMIs are using the OP ports then these will not be available for WinCC. There does not appear to be any way to configure WinCC to communicate on any particular type of port.Can anyone help? <