Problems about AB1756-PLC

Z

zhangjc

I have an controllogix chassis with several modules as follows:

1. LOGIX5555 PROCESSOR UNIT the CAT.NO./SEEIES is 1756-L55/A, F/W REV is 1.4

2. Ethernet/IP 10/100Mb/s COMMUNICATIONS BRIDGE CATALOG/SERIES is 1756-ENBT /A, F/W REV is 3.6

3. CONTROL NET COMMUNICATION BRIDGE CAT.NO./SERIES is 1756-CNB/D, F/W REV is 5.45

4. DEVICENET COMMUNICATION MODULE CATALOG/SERIES 1756-DNB/B, F/W REV is 6.002
and several I/O modules.

When power on ,the 1756-CNB/D and 1756-DNB/B's OK status indicator are all solid red.1756-CNB/D's 4-Character display displays nothing,and 1756-DNB/B's 4-Character display displays : ERC ERROR ---4:2 s=0 d=0 PCB=0 f=0 e=0 h=0.

What's wrong with them? what should I do?
Thank you!!

B

Bob Peterson

I would bet that the AB manuals for these devices will give you a good idea of what is going on. They are all available at the AB web site.

T

Trevor Ousey

First thing, have you got the right firmware in the modules, it seems you have mentioned the firmware revision that is on the sides of the module. Start out with what version you will use, because it is an L55 I would look at 15 with the processor firmware, of course this will depend on what you actually have with the software.

Then go to the Rockwell website http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/ just to be sure that you have the latest controlflash firmware for the version you will be running. Note that you have a DNB/B with 6.002 which means you need to be at least version 15 on the processor.

Create a RSLogix5000 project, if you already have not done so, be sure to add the modules, setting them to the firmware in the IO tree within RSLogix. The CNB will have a fault if there is no network but it should just have a red flash led (from memory). Then you can go online with the RSLogix software and see what fault is in the IO tree.

Cheers,
Trevor.