Convert version Intouch

C

carles

Hi,

I am working with Intouch 10 and I need to improve one application which was made with Intouch 7.

But, when I try to open this file with Intouch 10, the program shows this message:

Cannot find DLL: "sqlgrid"

I tried to copy this DLL in the Intouch 10 file but the result is the same.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Although the tip below was for Intouch 7 to 8 it may help in that it identifies the SQLGrid files not just the DLL that need copying.

'If you have created an application using InTouch 7.11 and SQL Grid, you must do the following to open the application in InTouch 8.0:

Copy the Sqlgrid.dll, sqlgrid.wdo, ivsql08.dll, ivgui08.dll, ivqry08.dll and ivutl08.dll files into the InTouch folder (C:\Program Files\Wonderware\InTouch).'

Regards,

Burnikell

Hello,
My understanding is that the best way to migrate between different intouch version's is to migrate through all the possible versions... You may not be able to migrate from Intouch version 7 directly too Intouch version 10... You may have to migrate too versions 8, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 and then to intouch version 10 to ensure a stable migration.. If you don't have all the software version of intouch at you company for whatever reason, you can contact your local Wonderware Rep. and pay a nominal fee to have the application migrated for you...

It's just the way the software works... Good luck to you...

Dear,

I have upgraded one Intouch application from version 5.0 to version 10.0. To do this upgrade, I simply upgraded the version 5.0 to version 7.11 and then this upgraded application to version 10.0. I did not get any error in the upgrading, but I am having problems in the operation as it was integrated with the Siemens S5. Now operation of some objects having scripts implemented is not the same as was implemented in the older version. Can this be because of conversion of 16 bit application to the 32 bit application?

Can you help me please in this regard, as I don't have a license for all the versions? Can you tell me what is the best and cost effective solution for this?

You can send me email at sirfan at avanceon. com or irfi2118 at hotmail. com

Thanks in advance.
sirfan