RAC6182 terminal not communicating with Controllogix5555 PLC

P

PmDavis300

i am trying to network a RAC6182 and a controllogix 5555 plc together. they communicated fine before, and i can still see the plc on my rslinx on my laptop. RAC6182 is getting an opc error. the error is "OPC: '(RSLinx OPC Server) Server: The item is no longer available."

any idea what this means? how do i fix it??? Thanks!

D

David Ferguson

In RSLinx there is a tab along the top for OPC/DDE and you need to create the Topic for OPC to work. I am not at a PC with Linx on it. But apparently you have either wiped out the topic in there or named it something else in the source.

You must set up a topic in RSLinx that points to the processor that you want to communicate with that has the name that the program you are using wants to use to communicate. For instance if my processor was named bulkplnt, I would create a topic called bulkplnt that pointed via (for example) ethernet to ip address 172.16.1.56 so that when the HMI "talked" to RSlinx, and that "name" it would remap the data to the ethernet address.

I probably have confused the heck out of you here...............read the info on creating a "topic" in RSLinx help, from what I remember it is fairly good.

Dave Ferguson
Control Systems Engineer

P
you have indeed confused the heck out of me. i wasn't able to open rslinx on the RAC terminal. is there a file i can manually modify the topic in? or perhaps you can tell me where the rslinx executable is stored on the RAC?