Today is...
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
EtherCAT with CTC’s master lets your multivendor network play well together...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Cannot run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7
Can't run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7

help cant run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1 computer installed the cd and every thing seems fine I can run any of the other programs ie rs linx but when i try to load rs logix 5000 the first page with the version # and logo comes up stays on for about 4 minutes and then nothing.

By Steve Myres on 27 June, 2013 - 11:04 pm

Why are you asking us instead of Rockwell? Not only are they in a better position to answer questions about their product, but it's their responsibility.

>version # and logo comes up stays on for
>about 4 minutes and then nothing.

Did you "run as" an administrator?
You didn't mention 32 or 64 bit W7.

By James Ingraham on 29 June, 2013 - 3:32 pm

I don't know exactly how I managed it, but I do have RSLogix v20 running on several Windows 7 machines, both 32 and 64 bit. It's one of those things where you just try various options until something works.

Good luck.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Did you get anywhere with this? I have this problem now.

> help can't run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1 computer installed the cd and every thing seems
> fine I can run any of the other programs ie rs linx but when i try to load rs logix 5000 the first page with the
> version # and logo comes up stays on for about 4 minutes and then nothing.

By Bob Peterson on 10 July, 2014 - 1:58 pm

CALL TECH SUPPORT. that is what they are for.

--
Bob
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

By David Ferguson on 10 July, 2014 - 6:27 pm

I am running it fine on win 7. I have seen issues with the my documents folder location and rights, with wifi being on when installing and with a dialog box popping up under the install window asking you to do something. I accidentally found that one by alt tabbing and getting it.

Sorry, hard to fix from here.

Dave Ferguson
Control Systems Engineer

Sent from my iPhone

Try running as Administrator. I had the same issue and it worked for me.

> help, can't run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1
> computer installed the cd and every thing seems fine.

Have you got any solution? I am also facing the same problem; I couldn't find the solution.

HI Arun,

Please try to run the RSlogix 5000 Ver 20 (any minor rev) using Windows 7 XP mode.

Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 is a downloadable add-on, it is not installed by default. The download link is the following:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

To learn how to use XP Mode, just follow these instructions:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh859554.aspx

Hope this helps

It has happened twice to me. Solution I found (other on line posting) was to delete the .rnl file in Factory Talk Activation accessed through C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation\

Happens I think when computer goes into sleep mode.