Configure Woodward PLC to Work with IGS Driver

S

scalawag

I have a client who was on iFix 3.5 and using the WDE driver for their Woodward MicroNet PLCs. I am in the process of upgrading them to iFix 5.8 on Windows 10 operating system and was told that the WDE driver is not compatible with operating systems after XP and to use the IGS driver moving forward. I have spent a solid day trying to get the dang driver to talk to the PLC and have had zero luck. I am using port 502, I've tried everything including that TCPView application from GE tech Support. The error I receive from the IGS driver is:

"Device 'BOP.BOP' with ID ,192.168.xxx.xxx>.0 is not responding"

I can ping the PLC, I have updated the host files, I am not sure what to try next. GE told me to call Woodward, I left them a voicemail and am in a waiting pattern...

J
The Woodward WDE driver is a Woodward implementation of Modbus Over UDP, Standard modbus over ethernet uses TCP. I have setup Kepware to communicate to the Woodward Micronet, however, have not used IGS. The setup should be similar. The other thing to note is that Woodward controls do not support 32-bit address types in Modbus.