MKV <P> Output Logic Forcing

Hello,

Need to create a Push Button for a signal that comes out of Protection Module of MK-V ( L20GF2X , Pneumatic Gas Stop Valve ). Usually, we force it from the Logic Forcing Display, and we have to force L4_XTP in advance to make it possible.

I want to create a Push Button on the screen allowing operator to open/close this valve without making any simulations. How?

P.S. Anticipating question "for what reason?" - NG exile/N2 filling for maintenance.

Thanks.
Jolek

I don't know where you are located but in a lot of locations this would be totally against safety regulations. I guess that if you could design some sort of password protection then maybe you could get away with it.

I completely understand what you want to do to allow Operators to Nitrogen purge, but I reckon a safety procedure could be designed, under permit,to get the job done. It also kind of depends on what are the qualities of your operators. Do they understand what they are doing? Personally, I reckon this should be done by Controls personnel.

I have seen such a button on units, but it had a LOT of sequencing to prevent it's operation except under certain conditions (L4 had to be dropped out; the unit had to be at zero speed; there was a permissive that indicated a low pressure between the aux step valve and the SRV, etc.)

The CPB would energize L20FG2X and de-energize L4_XTP. It wouldn't be forcing anything--but it has to be blocked from operating except under CERTAIN conditions.

For me, the problem would be getting it into the CIMPLICITY project because there are myriad ways that has to be done depending on the various versions of CIMPLICITY and TCI--none of them documented by GE.

I'm not in favour of such a button because it needs to be properly implemented and if it works that usually leads to requests for more similar buttons which aren't such a good idea and which aren't properly implemented.

MAKE BACK-UPS OF EVERYTHING BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ADD THE BUTTON TO ANY DISPLAY--BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT HOW TO BLOCK IT'S OPERATION EXCEPT WHEN IT'S SAFE. HAVE SEVERAL REVIEWS WITH PEOPLE WHO WILL BE USING IT, PEOPLE WHO ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN CONTROLS >>AS WELL AS<< MANAGEMENT!!!

Finally, it might not even be possible to de-energize L4_XTP with a CPB in some versions of the Mark V. I think only versions of the Mark V which depicted L4_XTP in the CSP would allow a CPB to write to the point/address.

And be aware that if you are successful the floodgates for more such requests for buttons will have been opened!

Please write back to let us know how you fare.