GE 9HA DLN 2.6+ Combustion Modes

A

AbdulRehman

Hello all..

I am working as Tr. Engr. on a power plant based on GE 9HA gas turbine
Can any one explain about the DLN 2.6+ combustion modes e.g. 6.2A, 3.3, 3.1, MECL 6.2A.

AbdulRehman,

The HA technology is pretty new and I haven't seen much in the way of documentation about it's operation and operating modes.

I would suggest that GE provided some training at the plant, and there are training manuals from that instruction around that you could access for detailed information.

Also, have a look at the Operations & Service Manuals provided with the unit(s) for information. I have been told that GE is now providing the manuals on CD/DVD (or flash drive) rather than printed copies, so it may take some asking around to get the access you need on a computer somewhere. Many plants these days have "libraries" and some have very strict systems in place for drawings and literature and manuals--but it is, or should be, available to anyone working at the plant for use in understanding, operating, maintaining and trouble-shooting.

Best of luck in your endeavours!

Dear Abdulrahman,

In addition what CSA said about looking into O&M Manuals; certainly you'll find what you need exactly, cause each machine has their own specifications.

While I can give you some specifications for DLB2.6+ on 9FB:
Look in general combustion mode is referring which VGC (1/2/3/4) is in use, of course which is not in use it must be in purge mode. Also its known that as permissive to pass a mode to another is the combustion reference temperature. for example to pass to the mode B, premix mode TTRF1 must be greater than 2250°F, of course with others permissives.

We can say that finding "D" in mode name exp: D5 (P),1D (L Lean-Lean), 3D (J 3D backup), 6D (A) means we're in diffusion mode which means that at least D5 or VGC-1 is in use.

Whenever VGC-1 is closing we get out from diffusion mode, and we get into premix mode. For example: mode (3 or N), (6.2 or C), (6.3 or B).

We have also some exceptional mode like (I PM1 FSNL) or Load rejection mode.

Mode PPM Piloted premix mode where all gas valves are in use and no purging at all. this could happen in some conditions as well as purge fault, condensate drain system fault etc. you can find in more details looking into the logic. also, take exp a signal L3FXN (permissive for Mode N (3), and look backward.

Hope this help.

Hi le011,May you share your information and document of 9HA with me on my email adress, I think we can collaborate as I also have some documentation available with me
Thank you for your kindness

NABIL007,

Doesn't the 007 signify that you are an investigator--a sleuth?

And if someone made the statement you made above (not even a question--no question mark, no punctuation at all), how does anyone know what is the issue you are having with GCV4 (which was gleaned from your other post which was equally lacking detail and punctuation).

Describe the issue you are having with GCV4 and we will do our best to help you understand what is happening.

Can't do any more than that based on the information provided.

And, some (unfortunately (and sadly) not all) blocks have "Block Help" available. If you hover your mouse over the block in Toolbox/ToolboxST (you haven't told us which your site uses...!) and right-click on the block there may be a selection something to the effect of "Block Help" or sometimes "Item Help" that if clicked on will open a marginally useful description of the block. SO, that should be the first thing you try--checking for "Block Help" or "Item Help."

Telling us which version of Toolbox is in use at your site for this machine will also be helpful. (You click on 'Help' on the Menu bar at the top of the Toolbox/ToolboxST window and then click on "About" and provide the information which appears in your response to this thread.

Finally, this should REALLY be a new, separate thread. Opening a new thread is not that difficult in Control.com. For now, if you provide more useful and relevant information we will do our best to help you. In the future, finding a "similar" thread and posting your question there that's not really related to the original thread will only serve to have us tell you to open a new thread with your question.

Looking forward to hearing back from you with more, better, relevant information!

Blessed day!

The most common reason a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine automatically transfers from liquid fuel to gas fuel is low fuel gas supply pressure.

BUT, you're probably dealing with a 9FA (or is it a 9HA?) programmed, configured and packaged by GE Belfort--and even if they weren't the packager they probably did most of the application code (the software that controls and protects the machine and auxiliaries).

So, who the hell knows how it's configured and programmed? It's a crap shoot with them.