High Frequency Transformer in Electrostatic Precipitator

R

rab1

Are you using high frequency transformer in your electrostatic precipitator (ESP) for coal bagasse boiler? Are you satisfied with it? The control panel is installed on top of the ESP. Does the electronics not breakdown after some time due to temperature & humidity?

To get a useful response you need to be more specific not only as the the model number and manufacturer of the power supply and the precipitator elements, but also the type of coal being burnt and tons per day.

Our actual ESP is manufactured by Hamon, France. The transformer is manufactured by Kraft, Sweden. We want to upgrade to a high frequency transformer by Kraft or NWL, USA because very often smoke comes out of the stack. We would also do some mechanical upgrade on the ESP.

Our boiler uses bagasse or coal as fuel.

Type of boiler: coal & bagasse, stoke grate, 3 fields on our ESP
Our boiler now is operating on bagasse at 195 t/hr
Bagasse consumption 90t/hr
Gas flow rate 220 m3/hr
Gas temp 160 degC excess O2 6.4%
Dust free flowing
Gas analysis O2 6.3%, NOx 340mg/Nm3 SO2 115 mg/Nm3 CO 500 mg/Nm3

We want to know if the efficiency is much improved with the NWL HF transformer. The control panel is found on top of the ESP. We want to know if the electronics work well & not break down after some time due to temperature, humidity and also we are near the sea.

The ESP design is based on the expected particulate size, coal composition, and particulate loading.

Before replacing a transformer, a complete performance review of the coal/bagasse and combustion process is needed.

The high frequency transformer only improves transformer efficiency not the ESP effectiveness.

C
Please send me your email address. I have some document which might help you to understand better.

My email address is amir.rahmani [@] castletltd [.] com

Send me your specifications here
natepulkar83 [@] gmail [.] com

>Please send me your email address. I have some document
>which might help you to understand better.
>
>My email address is amir.rahmani [@] castletltd [.] com