Today is...
Friday, December 14, 2018
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
EtherCAT with CTC’s master lets your multivendor network play well together...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Card Serial Number from Mark VI
How to get the serial number of a VSVO and UCVE card from Mark VI (without taking the card out from the rack)

Hello,

I have little experience using Mark VI. I need to get the serial numbers of a VSVO and UCVE cards without taking them out from the rack.

I know in other control systems this option exists. However, I do not know how to do so in Mark VI. Any support would be really appreciated :).

thanks,
Fran

2 out of 2 members thought this post was helpful...

Fran,

I've never tried using Toolbox to ascertain serial numbers for cards. I've always removed the card to read the S/N on the label of the card.

It might be possible, but I've no access to a Mark VI at this writing. But, I don't think it's possible--though I am often mistaken and quite often learn things from this forum I didn't previously know. From my recollection of the versions of Toolbox I've worked with I've never noticed any S/N information for any cards. So, it's possible that some version of Toolbox (early or later) may have this capability.

I also know that ToolboxST is being used for some Mark VI sites, and it may be possible that ToolboxST has some capability for reading S/Ns directly from cards. But, I've never used ToolboxST on a Mark VI.

Wish I could have been of more help!

2 out of 2 members thought this post was helpful...

It is not possible to get the Mark VI serial #s from Toolbox. If you want the Terminal board Serial #, they you need to walk out and view them in person.

However, I am not sure why you would need to know the Serial #. If you want to know the part # for re ordering, that is different.