How to use the 5303-MBP-MNET?

I need to talk to our Modbus/Plus PLCs from a level 2 computer using Modbus/TCPIP.

I have a 5303-MBP-MNET Gateway, and I figured all I would have to do is: give it a Modbus/Plus node address and a Modbus/TCPIP address; plug it into the Modbus/Plus network and Ethernet switch; do a bit of magic with the routing; and I would be good to go.

Well the documentation seems a bit scarce and it doesn't look like it will work as I expected.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can achieve the gateway functionality I need?

Thanks in advance!

Email: [email protected]

D

David Ferguson

I've used a few of Prosofts gateways and haven't had issues. My 10 second Google search of that model number with pdf after it found the configuration software, 2 manuals, and a data sheet explaining its usage. One is 59 pages and another is 79 pages all from Prosoft.

Are you saying you cannot figure out how to do it because those manuals are lacking or you can't find the documentation ?

Not being critical (and might have misunderstood the issue you are having) but ......"The best way to finish a job.....is to start it'" and "The best way to find information, is to look"!

Dave Ferguson
Senior Control Systems Engineer