GT natural gas flow meter

O

operation manager

Natural gas meter isn't correct measure the flow, how can we calculate the consumed gas for performance test.

Hi there,

I think it might be better to try and resolve the flow meter since this is why it is there, to give you the correct gas flow total.
Why do you say the meter is not working correctly?

What type of meter is it?

What is the size of the meter - in other words if it is a DP transmitter what is the capability of the transmitter exp: - 1600 to +1600mmH2O

What is the calibration - exp. LRV = 0mbar URV = 500mBar.

What is the size of the pipe and the orifice plate - plate details normally written on the plate. What is the average upstream gas pressure during normal operations?

On the HMI, what is the scaling of the measured gas = exp 0 to 50m3/h.
If you can send us these details we might be able to find out what the problem is with the flow meter.

I

ibrahim gürsey

For performance test ,on-line flowmeter on the GT may not reflect right values. But to make the rough calculations you can find the "compensation coefficient by using, Pv =nRT . Then multiply this coeff. with rough value directly read from flowmeter and than get the flow as Nm3.

R

Rohit Chandak

I would appreciate response to Sam's questions as that will give broader information on the meter being used & the problems you are facing with that. It has been generally seen that appropriate technology is not used hence end user have problems. Once I have further information, I can try helping you with some more inputs.