Omron e5ax temp controller repair

Hi all

I’m looking to repair subject temp controller e5ax-vaa. The controller does not generate output control voltage. The controller has an output module e53-q, which I bought new. It’s supposed to generate 12vdc, 40mah. It generates about 1mv. Does anyone know a source for old schematics? Omron has nothing. Or a tip to troubleshoot?

thanks

A spec sheet/manual is on-line here:
https://edata.omron.com.au/eData/TCs/H038-E1-03.pdf

Page 6 shows an output module being inserted into a socket, so apparently this model had interchangeable control output modules.

I did not find a listing for output module p/n's in skim read, but those numbers are probably findable somewhere, which could yield a means of buying a replacment output module (which is what your problem sounds like - bad output)

As far as schematics, those generally disappeared in the late 1980's and early 1990's with the advent of widespread microelectronic construction. Schematics were available for some of the all-discrete component analog single loop controllers, but those were the last of the field repairables.

Thanks for the reply! Actually the output module is new and known good. I think it is not getting 12vdc supplied to it on the board. I suppose I could map it back and check components along the way. Ugh…