G-Codes

R

Ragavendra Swamy

I am keen in knowing G-Codes thoughly and apply them in CNC machines. Can anyone recomend me a website/book that clearly deals G-Codes. I had to write a G-Code for tapping cycle, where i had no clue as to how to handle IOs in a PC based motion control package. Please give me some basic idea about M-Codes and how a particular output is addressed. For an instance, if i have some code which turns the spindle ON, which particular output of my output port has to be assigned for spindle?

Swamy,

I have never saw a source for the subject you are interesting in. On my view, a better way is to read manual for the real CNC machine. If you are talking about adaptation of CNC control, that you really have, to the real machine, all the information you need should be in the system manual of CNC package. Take a documentation for SIEMENS or Fanuc CNC to see, how it is realized.
Generally, G is pure CNC function, but M is somewhat, related to the CNC and integrated PLC.
If you have M3 or M4 (spindle on), it results as integrated PLC output bit is going ON. If you have M5 (spindle OFF), the same output bit should be back OFF. As I know, M functions not so much simple, as could be seen at first sight. In most CNC implementation, they are driven by CNC itself and integrated PLC.

Mike Virgiliev.

T
Swamy,
EIA RS 274D used to be the standard for G and M codes, but may now be replaced by a later standard. In any case, there is a standard that explains each G and M code and what it is supposed to do.
Tom Bullock