OPC to WinCC issues

How do,
I'm a fourth year Mechanical Engineering student in Ireland. I was allocated this project which involves developing a scada program for 21 PLCS of various manufactures using a OPC server.

I have done the basic integrator course and Im just looking for informaiton on what shall i look at next before i start.

Its my final year project accredited towards my degree, and i have been doing research for the last 3 months. However there are issues regarding the specific problem ie OPC to WinCC, when im importing tags, such as VBA scripting - getting the required informaiton from a specific PLC without a communications driver. I dont want to be spoon fed the answer.

Cheers

K
Hi,
I am not sure what you want to know I assume that you are using something like Kepware as the OPC server. If so tags are read and used normally by wincc after you have setup the connection to the opc server. If you want to write your own drivers this is a different matter, you will need to speak to the plc manufactures and purchase the protocols.

Regards
Kevin