Load sharing of diffrent KVA Generators

V

Vikram G

I am looking for simple technology driven solution which can be implimented with in a month. System voltage is 415V, 3 phase, 50Hz, 4 wires, Neutral solidly earthed at psecondary side of Transformer.

I have 65,200 and 365 KVA D Gen operating various office and work shop. Can I make all 3 Genrator Work in Parallel with some load shaddin ability to add/Subtract Generator to meet my load demand on every day basis? I want to impliment this at minimum cost.

We have no idea if the generators can be paralleled to each other or not. This would take some technology (for the synchronizing "verification") and for the protection of the generators and prime movers. In addition, it may require additional circuit breakers with "automatic" operators.

Load sharing systems are available, they are not themselves "expensive" but usually the engineering and hardware and wiring to implement them is the major portion of the cost of the entire job.

Paralleling generators, and their prime movers (the diesels in your case) is not a simple matter and safety and protection of the equipment and personnel operating it, as well as of the electrical loads the system would be operating, has to be considered and none of that is relatively inexpensive.

I would submit that what you want to do is possible, but not at the cost you are probably willing to pay, and not in the time you are wanting to implement the solution.

The fastest way to accomplish something like this is to speak with a firm that rents diesel gen-sets. They may have an 'off-the-shelf' solution, but, again it will likely come at a cost. And they probably wouldn't want to try to implement it with gen-sets they didn't provide.

Paralleling and synchronizing of Generators involve, Mainly Control of

Voltage Amplitude,
Phase Angle,
Frequency,

This can be achieved by control of Generator Governor and Automatic Voltage Regulator

Running one Generator in Isochronous Mode and others in Droop Mode.

Cost is involved for Panel, Additional Bus-Bar, Motorized Breakers, wiring and Auxiliaries.

Better to contact some experienced technical person, Who may guide you properly after studying your system & requirement.

Hello Vikram,

Sychro can be done in a primitive way preferably by Dark Lamp method, for more details please google for that. Then you should be having fast acting Circuit Breakers (at least on 2 generators) to be able to Synchronize the Generators manually. Protection is the important part as was suggested by our friend CSA. Hence, if you would like to make your system risk free, then cost and time would definitely matter.

Good Luck!!!

Ramu

Dear Ramu

Thanks for your response. Can you direct me to such panel manufacturer in around middle east preferably in kuwait, who can offer me a comprehensive solution to my problem

regards
Vikram G

D

dhayanandhan.s

YES. It is possible to operate the Generators in parallel with proper governor droop-character, voltage drop character and synchronising system.

DHAYANANDHAN.S,
INDIA,
sd610 [at] rediffmail.com
INDIA

Hi,

I know the names of 2 electrical equipment manufacturing companies from Saudi.

1. Setraa Al Amal (SAMCO)
2. WESCOSA

Please Google with their names for extra information. You can check with them, probably they have a representation in Kuwait.

Regards