Custom Faceplates in WinCC V6.0

S

Stefan

Salü,

I've got some old (outdated) Siemens spares but they still quite good to train the basic understanding of PLC, controller logic, loop checks etc.

Among them is an old Panel PC (should be an PC 670) with WinCC V6.0 running on it and 412 CPU, so I made a little program including kind of PCS 7.0 analogue and digital in-&output blocks and the old Step 7 controllers. For the WinCC I created some kind of custom facplates.

That's works quite well in my Virtual Machine but as soon as I install the project on that old Panel PC the HMI becomes so slow/laggy, it's a shame. I've already tried to separate the code in slower (Tag No, unit) and faster (value, triggers, etc) part an put them on different cycles, but that's not much of an improvement.

So here is what I did.
All the standard WinCC elements (bar, IOField, etc) in a group (Faceplate for AnaMon, AnaOut, DigiMon, DigiOut) and the group itself have a specific name, which I can interrogate by the means of VBS-Code and change their properties (text, colour, etc). When I copy a Faceplate WinCC adds a number as suffix, so the code needs only to find out the suffix of its facplate and thus can easily catch all sub-elements , such as a text field or bar, etc.
It's the same for the DB-Variables. Their are grouped in a Faceplate specific group. When I copy such a group WinCC add a numbered suffix, so they can be easily linked with the faceplate. I renamed the new group for better understanding, as seen in the attachment.

By doing so I have only to modify the DB number, the Bit or Word address remains the same, as long as you won't change the FB in the S7, for sure.

examples can be mailed

So my question is, would it be better when I write the code in C-Action or is there any other way to prevent a click-change-orgy when I copy a faceplate and link it to another set/group of DB-Variables ???

thx
stefan