interview question

A

an engineer

in control point of view is there any difference between 30% opening and 100% opening of a control valve?

> in control point of view is there any difference between 30% opening and 100% opening of a control valve?

Yes, 70%.

R
As mention in Dave's response above "What kind of valve?"

The trim of any valve can have a marked impact on it's flow performance. A butterfly probably has a small impact from 30% to 100% but a "V" port valve is much more linear. Some valves are designed to be, within a limited capability, linear.

This does test whether you have some experience with control valving and how to apply same.

Russ K
Surprise, AZ

C

Curt Wuollet

Also. from a control standpoint a valve at 100% is at limit and can only go down.

Hard to know what they are looking for.

Regards
cww

As a side note, I must have passed my interview questions. I'm back in the automation business starting Tuesday.

<b>Moderator's Note:</b> Congrats!

> As a side note, I must have passed my interview questions. I'm back in the automation business starting Tuesday.

Heartiest Congratulations, cww!!!

C

Curt Wuollet

Many thanks CSA. As I'm sure you know, it's no good having answers if no one asks the questions. Maybe this will be the last of a highly improbable trail of stations.

Regards
cww