Thesis on Timed Controller

C

chudy

I am writing msc thesis on how to overcome the challenges posed by inability of our flow divider rotating during transfer from gas fuel to distillate fuel as a result of low gas pressure thus leading to tripping of the Turbine system.

I will like design a system with MATLAB (or any other application) that will control the fuel forwarding pump to rotate for 7 seconds every 2 months (1,460 hours or 5,256,000 seconds) to free the flow divider shaft thereby preventing from caking or being stiff.

Please how can I go about it.
Thanks for your anticipated response.

Chudy ace
[email protected]

Hi Chudy,

May I know if this is a Master's degree project or bachelor's? But anyhow, I think the direction is wrong.

Firstly, to achieve your objective it is required to admit fluid into the liquid fuel delivery system, and the most convenient fluid is liquid fuel itself. Unless you design an additional bypass line, else you need to force fuel mixing automatically and that needs to be agreed by operation team.

Secondly I think the design consideration is more of control sequences rather than process dynamics. I think the modification (if implemented) is easiest done with the native turbine control system or any auxiliary controller. Designing with MATLAB is overkilling.

Lastly, to solve the problem, I think maybe it is best to redesign the fuel forwarding and distribution system itself.

Gomez

Thanks Gomez for your quick response I really appreciate it,

Yes it's a masters' degree project. I want to do a project that is related to where I work.

Two, I understand the need for a bypass line, but also can a timer circuit be connected to 90SG that controls both 20FL & 20FG, so as to trigger liquid fuel to be forwarded (thereby rotating the flow divider shaft and hence finally drained) while simultaneously running on gas fuel?

Lastly, any idea on how best to redesign the liquid fuel forwarding system?

Thanks.