Mark V Studio

M

Maatallah_3107

Hello;
All, you know troubleshooting in Mark V is very tiring.

For example , when I open CSP printer, there is no finder to reach about signal in which rung exist.

I found MARK V STUDIO which make CSP printer on line.

Has anyone used this application before ?

Hello,
"Tiring" is a word I've never heard used to describe troubleshooting a Mark V. Difficult. Impossible. Maddening. Frustrating. Tortuous. Hard. Complicated. Confusing. But never tiring; I'll have to remember that!

A lot of people use Mark V Studio--it's a really slick, fast and powerful program. There are multiple versions, and I can't recall the last one I've seen. I don't think the author, a GE employee at the time he wrote the application, is updating it anymore.

I warn you, though, that you likely need one of two fonts to get the graphics to really pop off the page, and in some cases to even be readable. One is 'Microsoft Line and Box Draw' which seems to have disappeared from the MS offerings in later MS-Windows versions. The other is a GE "proprietary" font called 'fp_csp'. Of the two, fp_csp is the best. Sometimes you'll find it on the GE Mark V HMI (the one that runs MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY), and sometimes you won't. It just depends on how conscientious the commissioning engineer was.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say are opening "CSP Printer". The application that converts the CSP Source File segments into a printable ASCII text file, complete with page breaks, can't be "opened;" it's an executable that runs from a command prompt.

If you're referring to the CSP Editor, that's not really for viewing the CSP. Though it can be used to do that, it would be pretty difficult, since only one segment can be loaded at a time, and many signals are used in more than one segment.

If you're using any text editor (including MS-Word, or WordPad, or Notepad), one of the two fonts listed above make looking at the CSP Printout or CSP Cross-reference document easier. In any case, you should choose a fixed-pitch font, like Courier, if you don't have either of the others. And, in any text editor you can use the 'Search' function to scroll through the CSP Printout.

One of the really awesome things about Mark V Studio is that is can be used to view CSP Printout files off-line--or on-line. If they are viewed on-line (on an HMI) the elements are animated and you can see actual, running live values! It's really a great program.

Hope this helps!