Bently Nevada 1900 Series... Using a Vibro-Meter Sensor

J

jupiter136

Hi,

my question is about connecting a non-Bently Nevada vibration sensor, to a 1900-65 Bently Nevada vibration rack.

the rack is used for measuring absolute vibration of a small turbine. but we have a sensor of VIBROMETER brand (CE136) available instead of 330425 Bently Nevada accelerometer available.

any one has a idea about that? or any previous experience? is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

the 1900/65A will work with common IEPE accelerometers even if they are not Bently.

But the one you mention is giving a current output signal, while the 1900/65A is expecting a voltage signal.

Of course you could try to use a precision resistor to convert the accelerometer signal from uA/g to mV/g, but I'm not sure about the result.

J
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. about current and voltage, I can also use a device like GSI124 (a galvanic separation unit by Vibrometer) for both galvanic isolation, providing the sensor power, and also to have a voltage output?

but as I checked the documents, the voltage will be positive, not negative. should Bently work with sensors with negative voltage range only?

Not sure about it since I have never used that converter, but as far as I know the 1900/65A will only accept negative bias sensors.

One could think about inveringt + and - wires, but then I guess that you're connecting the output of the converter to ground and that wouldn't probably work.