converting single phase voltage readout to 3 phase readout

S

SSV

I commissioned some electrical panels, which monitor each individual phase voltage on a 3 phase incomer. I used standard, off the shelf single phase voltage transducers giving an output of 4 to 20 mA.

My customer would like to have the three individual voltages for R, Y and B phase readouts converted into a 3 phase voltage single readout.

H E L P!!! is there a formula for doing the above?

Y

Yeasir Rahul

Three phase supply from the local energy distributor utility is usually quite balanced. Therefore all three phase voltages should be equal. Single phase voltage is measured from a line to the neutral, whereas 3phase voltage is measured from line to line. The relationship is

Vrms(3p) = Vrms(1p) * 1.732

Measure only one phase of the supply, then re-calibrate the voltage indicator display using the above formula. That's it.

Regards
Yeasir Rahul
VoltSmith Technologies
http://www.voltsmith.com
[email protected]

I suppose you could average the feedback... but what does he want to see if one phase is off or low?

Also... how are you monitoring? R-Y, Y-B, B-R?

S
Hi,
Would this work? Set you meter up so that center is your normal supply voltage. Monitor the other two phase and have them add or subtract from center if there is an unbalance or if the voltage on the center phase drifts. Would let you know by looking at one meter if things were OK.
[email protected]

A
hi,

i really need the procedure for converting single phase to three phase... can u plz help me.

akash deep
university of greenwich