Inquiry for ISA Arcnet Cards NIC 90C98 or compatible ones

D

David

Dear Forum,

By posting this, I intend to gain any information concerning computer peripherals we urgently require, which are two (2) ARCNET cards with ISA slots, 8 or 16 bits, coaxial output, compatible with the broken ones (ISA Arcnet Cards 90C98 and ISA Arcnet Card 90C198) that use Star topology. Please kindly shed light on where can I find those cards either bulk or reconditioned ones as long they are still functioning. I do really appreciate your attention and assistance.

P.S. Please feel free to contact me either via e-mail or below phone or fax numbers.

Sincerely,

Devid Marihot
JJS Company
Jl.Palmerah Utara No.14
Jakarta, ID 11480
PH: +62-21-5356127
FAX: +62-21-5847145

One of the best features of control.com is its 'Search' function. While it's recently changed, it's still an effective method for finding if your question has previously been asked and answered.

This question has come up repeatedly on control.com. To sum up, ISA ARCnet cards compatible with IDOS (the disk operating system used for GE <I> Mark V operator interface computers) are no longer available from GE or from the original manufacturers which supplied them to GE.

There have been rumors of one company in USA that is offering to "exchange" IDOS-compatible ISA ARCnet cards for what is believed to be refurbished cards. It was also rumored for a while that the same company was producing IDOS-compatible ISA ARCnet cards, but that's never been publicly proven (probably because of the possibility of lawsuits).

One of the long-time advertisers here on control.com, Gas Turbine Controls Corp (http://www.gasturbinecontrols.com), has some used and new old stock (from previously unused GE mark V <I>s) that they offer for sale.

Other than that, there hasn't been much publicly "advertised" in this forum. If you learn of something by email from your posting here on control.com it would helpful if you posted that information for other interested parties to benefit from.

C

Chetan Patel

We can provide you new Arcnet card compatible with iDOS application. We even can replace computer hardware with new Pentium IV based industrial computers. Contact us on chetanp2000 at yahoo. com