possible ? matlab real time work shop + windows + gain scheduling

E

ES

Hi All,

Please advise me, currently i am working in my graduation project on a two rotor aero-dynamical system,

http://www.inteco.com.pl/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=66&op=page&SubMenu=

It already has driver interacting with matlab real-time work shop. And I am trying to do gain scheduling on this system.

Through Google I could not determine the best O/S on to do gain scheduling. By means of logic linux rtai would be the best oeprating system to work on. However, my skills on driver development are very weak.

The question I want to ask is the "real time work shop" provide by matlab is as close to hard real time or it is limited by windows operating system. I am thinking to leave the driver development to my last phase if possible.

I haven't used it myself, but I believe that "Real-Time Workshop" is just a code generator. That is, you create your Matlab "program", and it outputs a C program. You then compile the code using a C compiler (e.g. GNU gcc), and load it in a computer running an RTOS.

So far as I know, if you are looking for "hard" real-time, then running it on MS Windows isn't even an option. You need to use a real RTOS (one of the RT versions of Linux may possibly be suitable).

If all you want is "soft" real time, then any OS could work. Many people however would argue that "soft" real-time isn't actually real-time (there are no timing guarantees), so I assume that isn't what you want.

This is all described on the Mathworks web site. The detailed documentation is behind a password wall, but the general information such as I have described above is all there.