Proficy iFix 5.8 SCADAs crashing

So, our plant has Proficy iFix 5.8 running on a handful of Windows 7 VM's, which, form my understanding, are running 24/7. However, since before a got here, they have had an issue where iFix will crash usually every couple of months, leading to screens and panels not looking right and freaking out everyone at the plant, and we reboot the VM.

Apparently, we have always tried to reboot them every 3 months or so. Long story short, this is a difficult thing to organize at our plant. I would prefer to know why this is happening in the first place and try to fix that problem if possible.

I was wondering if anyone else has experience this type of issue or may have any idea why this happens or if this is normal. I can barely find anything useful pertaining to iFix, online.

I have attached a pic of what I see in Windows event viewer before rebooting the VMs.

This is what mostly caught my attention:

Faulting application name: CONMGR.EXE, version: 5.8.8255.0, time stamp: 0x5240ee18
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e

I haven't been able to find anything concerning Connection Manager either. Any information is appreciated.

Attachments

Exception code 0xc0000005 is an Access Violation.
Access Violation errors occur when a program attempts to access a memory location that it doesn't have permission to access.
These errors can have various causes:

1. Null Pointers: Accessing a memory location through a null pointer (a pointer that doesn't point to a valid memory address) can result in an Access Violation error.
2. Dereferencing Invalid Pointers: Accessing memory through a pointer that has been deleted or has gone out of scope can lead to this error.
3. Buffer Overflows: Writing more data into a buffer than it can hold can overwrite memory areas, leading to Access Violations.
4. Memory Protection: Modern operating systems protect certain memory areas to prevent unauthorized access. Attempting to read or write to these protected areas can trigger the error.
5. Stack Overflow: A program's call stack has a limited size. If it exceeds this size due to too many function calls or recursive calls, it can result in an Access Violation.
6. Data Corruption: Corruption of data structures or variables in memory can lead to Access Violations when trying to access that data.
7. Accessing Released Resources: Accessing resources like files or memory that have been released or closed can result in this error.
8. Using Uninitialized Variables: Trying to access the value of a variable before it has been initialized can lead to undefined behavior, including Access Violations.
9. Software Bugs: Bugs in the program's code, such as referencing an incorrect memory location, can cause this error.
10. Driver Issues: In some cases, outdated or incompatible device drivers can lead to Access Violations, especially in low-level system interactions.
11. Memory Leaks: Over time, allocating memory without properly releasing it can deplete available memory, potentially leading to Access Violations.