S7 and Simatic PDM

G

Guinex

Is it possible to run two protocols (i.e. TCP and ISO-on-TCP) on the same network? Also how can we determine the TSAP address of a station?

We have a scada system on a network. All Servers, OP's, EngOP's and the PLC are all connected to the same network. The network is running on ISO-on-TCP protocal. Now i have to insert a station in Net-Pro so as to access the HART related details from the HART enabled cards linked to the PLC via ET-200M Modules. I am using SIMATIC PDM integrated with Step7.I have a CP443-1 with my PLC.

Now my question is ,
1. Can PDM work on ISO-on-TCP as only ISO protocol does not support routing. Is it the same case with the ISO-on-TCP protocal? Also if the answer is yes, what TSAP address should be assighned to the Engineering Station? And what is the proceedure for determining or configuring the TASP addresses?

2. If the answer is no, then is it possible to run a seperate protocol say TCP/IP on the same network?

I am open to other solutions aswell as long as they route the data to my Eng.Station ;)

R

Ronald Nijssen

Guinex,
You will find everything you need to know on the Siemens Customer support website. The PDM manual can be downloaded at the following URL:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/21407212

Go to page 87 and all requirements and possibilities are listed.

If you have additional questions the website will allow for a free-of-charge on-line support request.

Kind regards
Ronald Nijssen
Siemens Energy & Automation Inc.