Siemens Simatic S5 PLC application reprogramming

R

Rahmath Ali

Dear Gentlemen
We are using SIEMENS SIMATIC S5 PLCs to control our machinaries.The display unit with which connected are T50 HMI.

I have plc programming exposure in GE Fanuc Micro PLCs for the PLC programmming and Total Control Products TCP (Touch Screen Display) for HMI programming. I have the related GESNP cable and LM90M (Dos based software) Versa Pro(Windows based software)for PLC Programming and Quick Panel software and C-80 Cable for HMI programming.

Now I would like to reprogram for our convenience in the Simatic S5 PLC which are having 128 digital inputs and 96 digital outputs. If I want to reprogram the SIEMENS PLC, What things I may require. Can I fabricate the programming cable and which software can I download from SIEMEN's website for the respective PLC.

Assume, If i have done all those things, Then how can I program the T50 HMI module and what accessories I require.

Please answer me in detail.

Sir,
I read your message carefully. But its not clear. Can you please Repeat your requirement. I has good knowledge for SIEMENS SIMATIC S5 PLC. and also i want to help you.

Regards
Faisal

Hello Rahmath Ali;
First, the standard programming software for the S5 PLCs is called Step 5. It is originally DOS-based (until version 6.5). From version 7.0 it is officially Windows-based. The PLC languages supported are LAD, STL and FDB. It comes in 2 levels Step 5-MINI, for the 95u and 100U families, and full Step5 for all families.

This brings me to the second point: S5 PLCs are grouped in different families :95U,, 100U, 115U...
All families have different hardware and processing capabilities. To find out what family your particular PLC is from, look at the CPU module; you should read, for example 115U/CPU942B (S5 family/CPU number). With this informaton,go to the Siemens support website:

"www4.ad.siemens.de/csinfo/livelink.exe?func=cslib.csinfo2&siteid=cs&lang=en":http://www4.ad.siemens.de/csinfo/livelink.exe?func=cslib.csinfo2&siteid=cs&lang=en

and do a search on the manuals for this family and CPU model. The manuals are free; software and cables are not. Check with your Siemens rep.

2 more things: standard programming cable for these PLCs is part no. 6ES5-734-1BD20; to connect to a COMx port, you will also need a DB25 to DB9 converter. Then, CPUs and intellignet cards on the S5 require EPROMs to be burned in oder for the program to be maintained. Make sure you have an Eprom burner/erasor available, unless you get your hands on a PG (programming computer) from siemens.

Hope this helps,

S

Slawomir Telman

Hello,
I don't know all parts which you'll use in your a new machine, but the best will be if you contact with local Siemens agent. For Simatic S5 (S5 90, or 95, or 100, or 115, or 135, or 155) you must use the STEP 5 programm and special cable RS232 to TTY -> 6ES5 734 - 1BD20. For a panel HMI will be a same way - special programm and a cable. Maybe?

Best regards
Slav

R
Dear Mr.Faisal,
Thanks for your intension to provide a solution.
The PLC type is SIMATIC S5100U. In the exising program I want to add some more steps for our convenience. How to do that and what are all the things I required to do that. Can you send me your personal email id and confirm whether you are in Chennai.

With thanks and regards
M.Rahmath Ali

R
Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your detailed information. Everything I understood exept EPROM Burner. For that may I need any hardware and if so How much the cost. Awaiting your prompt reply.

With thanks and regards
M.Rahmath Ali