MOOG servo valve

A

AmAm

We have GE 5002C gas turbine.

The second stage nozzle MOOG servo valve type is G772K272. Can anyone tell me if this type can be replaced by G772K240? We have sent to MOOG, but they never replied. Also, we have sent to agencies but they will consult MOOG and reply to us, this also may take a long time.

T
I used to work for Moog on these valves. It's very unlikely the valves are interchangeable. There are a few valves that are identical except for the direction the wires exit the valve. GE spec 312A6066 might give you some clues, be sure to get latest revision, I don't have a copy anymore. Would like one, though.

I currently work for Moog and apologize if you have not received a response from either your local distributor or from us directly. The two valves that you identify are not interchangeable. If you call me at 716-687-4759 I can help get you a replacement or your current valve repaired.

AmAm....
Sometimes we should do some more effort to search the control.com for similar subjects. Please refer to my previous reply dated 11 Feb. 2:58am.

With exception of the S2N (nozzle) servo vale, remaining servo's are interchangeable. The S2N servo is 10GPM. GE Nuovo Pignone (GENP) manufactured FR5002 uses standard the G772K240 type of servo (10GPM Pp 3000PSI). I wonder where you get the initially installed servo from (G772K272)! Anyway, if you have a GE-NP FR5002 go ahead and replace with the new type. The G772K272 type servo is not listed in the GE SERVO INDEX LIST as to be used for GE Heavy Duty GT type.

Note: My reply might be a bit controversial with MOOG OEM and I am not challenging the interchangeability of the servos. I am confident that, the servo G772K240 is the correct one for the S2N of FR5002 GENP. Unless you have a different type of S2N installed on your GT (most unlikely).

Good Luck….

Regarding the interchangeability of G772K272 and G772K240, please note that the GE part no for these two valves are different.

GE part no. for G772K272 is 312A6077P023 and that for G772K240 is 312A6077P003.

Generally there is a unique GE part no for each valve based on the valve specs / characteristics. Even if there is a slight difference in the valve specs /orientation of connector etc, there will be a different GE part no. Hence as far as possible, OEM do not recommend interchanging a valve with a particular GE part no with another valve with a different GE part no.

specs of G772K272 and G772K240 and found alomst similar. Technical parameters like flow rating, current rating, null offset, mounting, response etc are same.

However G772K272 valve is Epoxy painted, where as G772K240 does not have any epoxy painting,

This requirement may be due to some environmental requirement.

As such, if you interchange G772K272 with G772K240, due to some emergency , the system should work ( on temporary basis ).However you have to keep in mind the difference between the two valves in terms of epoxy coating,

Hope the above information helps. any further clarification you can contact me at [email protected]

Jais